The Ambassadors are the welcoming and connecting arm of the Des Moines West Side Chamber of Commerce (WSC). These individuals are some of the most visible individuals in this Chamber. Not only do they make people feel good, but these wonderful people also can truly affect the growth of this chamber. Ambassadors work under the direction of the executive director.
What does an ambassador do?
- Physically go to new member’s business (if applicable) or contact your assigned new member to welcome them to the Chamber and answer any general questions they may have.
- Swag bag will be provided to ambassadors to deliver to new chamber member if ambassador is able to physically go to business.
- Assist in recruitment by contacting potential members or sharing businesses information with director so the director can pursue the lead.
- Attend ribbon cuttings, special events celebrating business’ milestones and any other events sponsored or hosted by the West Side Chamber.
- Initiate conversations at these events focusing on new members and members they have not met before.
- Assist chamber staff in contacting businesses that have dropped their chamber membership
- Help call businesses who have not renewed their membership and are close to being deactivated from the chamber.
Before applying ambassadors must agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Primary role is to represent the West Side Chamber.
- Ambassadors will not solicit or sell any goods or services during their initial conversations with any chamber members unless they are asked by the member they are speaking with.
- Ambassadors are charged with building relationships, promoting the chamber and adding value to everyone’s chamber membership.
- Ambassadors who belong to other chambers, business association or networking groups, the chamber asks you don’t promote these organizations in initial conversations.
Interested in joining the West Side Ambassadors? Complete an application!